While not everyone loves Brussel sprouts I love them! and will make everyone try them at least once.
1 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp salted butter
More salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- Lay Brussels sprouts in a single layer cut-side down into pan and let cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Toss them quickly with a spatula, cover the pan and let cook another minute or two, until just becoming tender.
- Transfer sprouts to a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to the hot pan, reduce heat to medium, and let cook until browned and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drizzle butter over sprouts and serve immediately. Add more salt and pepper to taste.