Pork Belly Ends is where all the yummiest of food should come from, its just a bunch of delicious fat and some pork comes together to create harmony for your taste buds
4-5 pounds pork belly
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons coarse Kosher salt (be sure to use the right kind of salt!)
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
4 tbsp butter
1/3 cup honey
- Trim off the skin and top layer of pure fat of the pork belly. Cut the meat into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Rub the meat with a drizzle of olive oil, then combine the rub ingredients and sprinkle generously over the meat, rubbing it in to cover each piece.
- Arrange the pork belly cubes on a wire cooling and baking rack, then place on the smoker and smoke between 225°F and 250°F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until dark red and a nice bark starts to form.
- Transfer the pork belly cubes to a disposable aluminum pan and add BBQ sauce, butter, and honey, stirring to evenly coat the cubes of pork belly.
- Cover with foil, then return the sauced pork belly to the smoker and cook for another 60 to 90 minutes, until the meat reaches 200°F to 205°F when a digital meat thermometer is inserted into the middle of one of the burnt ends or until a toothpick inserted into the burnt ends goes in and comes out easily.
- Remove the foil and cook uncovered for another 15 minutes to let the sauce thicken up a bit, then remove the pork belly burnt ends from the smoker and serve.